Helmholtz AI Cooperation Unit
Our ambition at the Helmholtz AI Cooperation Unit (HAICU) is to reach an internationally visible leadership position in applied AI/ML by combining unique research questions, data sets and expertise with newly developed AI/ML-based tools and democratized access to them in an open and dynamic community.
We are a research-driven hub for applied AI that
- fosters cross-field creativity by stimulating collaborative research projects
- identifies and leverages similarities between applications to advance generalised AI/ML methods
- integrates field-specific excellence and AI/ML prowess
- improves the quality, scalability and timely availability of emerging methods and tools
- empowers and trains the current and next generation of scientists
to enable the efficient and agile development and implementation of AI/ML assets across the whole Helmholtz Association.
As one of the platforms (Helmholtz Information & Data Science Academy (HIDA), Helmholtz Federated IT Services (HIFIS), Helmholtz Imaging Platform (HIP), Helmholtz Metadata Collaboration (HMC) and HAICU) initiated by the Helmholtz Incubator Information and Data Science cooperation and openness is hardwired into our approach. Be curious.